It’s that time of year when many kids are hitting the fields for spring and summer sports. It’s a fun time for kids and moms, but are your kids as safe as they can be? Heed our kids sports safety tips:
- Make sure they’re wearing their safety gear. This pretty much goes without saying, but make sure your kids are wearing helmets, knee or shin pads, mouth guards or any other protective gear for their particular sport. It’s easy to do when you’re watching your kids, but harder when they’re on their own, especially if the sport is not an “official” school or rec league sport. Continue reading
With spring here and bathing suit season on its way, you may be trying to shed some of that winter weight. We’ve rounded up some great exercises you can do at home to get you on your way!
With longer days and weather that’s warming up just a bit, you probably have spring on the brain. And with spring comes new fun pieces to add to your wardrobe! We’ve got some great tips on freshening your look without breaking the bank.
- It’s all about the accessories. You don’t have to add tons of new tops and dresses to freshen up your look. Adding a fun statement necklace or a bright, lightweight scarf can give a pick-me-up to your tried and true pieces. Look for bold earrings or a great belt to tie your look together.
- Start at the bottom. What girl doesn’t love a new pair of shoes? This spring, there are lots of new colors and styles to keep your feet kicking. A ballet flat in a punchy pink, sky-high wedges or sandals embellished with beads can all make a statement when you’re enjoying the warmer weather. But remember to keep those toes polished! Continue reading
So the weather’s not quite warm yet, but daylight savings time is about to kick in (spring ahead on March 11!). Are you looking for some fun outdoor activities to get you out of your winter blues? We’ve got some fun family ideas! Even during the week after work, any of these activities are a great way to get outside with your kids.
- Rediscover city or state parks. Maybe it’s only been a few months since you’ve visited a local park, or may you pass by one every day and don’t think to stop. Either way, whether it’s a small city park with swings or a state park with hiking trails, get out at the end of the day for some fresh air and proximity to nature. Continue reading
Stay-at-home moms are some of the busiest, hardest-working people on the planet, juggling kids’ schedules and activities, household duties, errands and more. But how do you find time when you’re being pulled in a hundred different directions? We’ve got some tips for you:
- Keep a schedule, but know when to break it. Routine is important for you and your kids to maintain a certain level of sanity, but as they say, everything in moderation. There are times when you just need to break from your daily routine and do something different. Continue reading
Do you get bored with eating the same ole’ thing week in and week out?
We’ve got some great snack ideas that pack a big nutritional punch. And best of all, moms AND kids will love ‘em! They’re easy and tasty – a great combo for moms on the go.
For a quick protein pick-me-up, slice one green apple and microwave with one tablespoon of water for 1 minute. Add walnuts, cinnamon and half a cup of fat free vanilla yogurt. The protein in the yogurt and nuts will keep you full, and who doesn’t need another apple in their day? Continue reading
We are so excited to be guest blogging over on Ingredients, Inc.! Go check out our post on drinking more water, and enjoy some of Alison’s other posts with recipes, fitness tips and more!